Run or ride in memory of Damien
RUNNERS and riders can take part in a half marathon in memory of a Clevedon man who died following a short battle with cancer.
Since 2007, the event has been held each December in memory of Damien Feely and this year’s will take place on December 15.
It will be a combined half marathon and 10km challenge, with people given the chance to run or ride either distance, and will raise money for St Peter’s Hospice, which cared for Damien for a short time before he died aged 32.
The course starts at The Crab Apple pub off Southern Way and will follow Lower Strode Road out to Kingston Seymour and back.
Participants should be at the pub by 9am for a 9.30am start.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is �10 unless participants plan to raise money for the hospice, for which sponsorship forms are available from The Crab Apple. The event will finish with pub games and a quiz.
Anyone interested in taking part can also call Barney on 07816 681022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship forms and a St Peter’s Hospice T-shirt.
- 1 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United progress in FA Vase after win at Stonehouse Town
- 3 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 4 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 5 Clevedon's home match with Gordano will be 'hugely proud moment' for Owen
- 6 Wildlife expert joins Portishead Arts Festival line-up
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Staff working 'tirelessly' to reopen school after 'catastrophic' flood damage
- 9 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 10 Funds of £20k available for North Somerset groups