Royal Oak refit
A POPULAR Nailsea pub will reopen at 5pm on Friday, after undergoing a �160,000 refurbishment.
The Royal Oak in High Street has been closed for the past two weeks while work has been carried out to revamp it.
It will reopen as a John Barras pub and boast new HD TVs, plush new furniture, upgraded toilets, a modern kitchen and new bar.
A weekend of events is planned to celebrate, rounded off with a finale by tribute band The Mangledwurzels at 7pm on Sunday,
The pub, where the original Wurzels hit Drink Up Thy Cider was recorded, is to host live bands on alternative Saturdays and karaoke once a month on Sundays.
You may also want to watch:
Old fashioned pub games such as spin the wheel, bill the till and rock ‘n’ roll bingo will also become a new feature.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 9 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships