Royal congratulations for couple’s 60th
- Credit: Archant
A CARD from the Queen was received by a North Somerset couple who recently celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary.
Alec and Valerie Newport, who live at Walton Bay near Clevedon, marked their special day with a family party at their home.
Alec, aged 80, and Valerie, aged 81, married at St Andrew’s Church in Bristol on February 4, 1952, after previously meeting while both were working in the voluntary services.
During their time together, they moved around a lot before returning to Bristol in 1975, then moving to Wales and then to Walton Bay in 2006.
Alec mostly worked in management for furniture retailers while Valerie worked as a receptionist.
You may also want to watch:
They are now proud parents to five, grandparents to 11 and great-grandparents to two.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 8 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season