ROTARY Club of Nailsea and Backwell raised a whopping �15,000 for charities last year.
Spokesman Mike Brayley said: “A very big thank you to all the people who helped - we couldn’t have done it without you.”
He also thanked hundreds of ‘brave souls’ who bought 1,000 donated books in freezing weather conditions at a bookstall earlier this month.
More than �500 was raised.
Meanwhile the next event, a brass band concert by North Somerset County’s Lions Brass 4 Youth will take place at 7.30 pm on May 18, at Nailsea School.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, costing �7, are available from Bob Keightley on 01275 463149.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 9 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 10 How to order free Covid home tests