ROTARY Club of Nailsea and Backwell raised a whopping �15,000 for charities last year.
Spokesman Mike Brayley said: “A very big thank you to all the people who helped - we couldn’t have done it without you.”
He also thanked hundreds of ‘brave souls’ who bought 1,000 donated books in freezing weather conditions at a bookstall earlier this month.
More than �500 was raised.
Meanwhile the next event, a brass band concert by North Somerset County’s Lions Brass 4 Youth will take place at 7.30 pm on May 18, at Nailsea School.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, costing �7, are available from Bob Keightley on 01275 463149.
- 1 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 2 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Pupils beat parents in school fun run