Rotary golf day for baby unit
ROTARIANS from Nailsea and Backwell are hoping for a hole in one at a summer event to raise funds for a special care baby unit.
The proceeds of the charity golf day, planned for July 2, at Mendip Springs Golf Club, in Congresbury, will go to St Michael’s Hospital, in Bristol.
The club is supporting a campaign by Congresbury resident Jane Tucker, whose son Jack spent 24 days in the unit after he was born prematurely at 26 weeks.
Jack did not survive but Jane wanted to give something back to the unit in appreciation of the hospital’s support.
The entry fee for the 18-hole competition is �160 per team of four golfers.
You may also want to watch:
Entry forms are available from former club president Ted Potter, via Cedar Lodge, 9 Rushmoor Lane, Backwell, BS48 3BN, by calling 01275 463988, or e-mailing email@example.com
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 8 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 9 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships
- 10 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid