Rotary golf day for baby unit
ROTARIANS from Nailsea and Backwell are hoping for a hole in one at a summer event to raise funds for a special care baby unit.
The proceeds of the charity golf day, planned for July 2, at Mendip Springs Golf Club, in Congresbury, will go to St Michael’s Hospital, in Bristol.
The club is supporting a campaign by Congresbury resident Jane Tucker, whose son Jack spent 24 days in the unit after he was born prematurely at 26 weeks.
Jack did not survive but Jane wanted to give something back to the unit in appreciation of the hospital’s support.
The entry fee for the 18-hole competition is �160 per team of four golfers.
You may also want to watch:
Entry forms are available from former club president Ted Potter, via Cedar Lodge, 9 Rushmoor Lane, Backwell, BS48 3BN, by calling 01275 463988, or e-mailing email@example.com
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 7 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 Portishead Open Air Pool to reopen on Friday