Rotary club’s �10,000 achievement
ALMOST �10,000 has been raised by the Rotary Club of Clevedon Yeo for two worthwhile causes.
The club held a day at Chepstow races in aid of Meningitis UK, with about 100 members and guests treated to fine dining and an afternoon of excitement, which included an auction and a bucket collection.
This resulted in more than �5,000 being raised.
That success was followed by a Help for Heroes concert at the Church of the Immaculate Conception in Marine Hill.
Club president Chris Morris said: “It was again obvious from the support we received, not only from traders in the town but from the Clevedon public, that our lads and lasses on the front-line are very much in their thoughts.
You may also want to watch:
“From both our recent events, the total raised will be approaching �10,000.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches