Rotary club’s �10,000 achievement
ALMOST �10,000 has been raised by the Rotary Club of Clevedon Yeo for two worthwhile causes.
The club held a day at Chepstow races in aid of Meningitis UK, with about 100 members and guests treated to fine dining and an afternoon of excitement, which included an auction and a bucket collection.
This resulted in more than �5,000 being raised.
That success was followed by a Help for Heroes concert at the Church of the Immaculate Conception in Marine Hill.
Club president Chris Morris said: “It was again obvious from the support we received, not only from traders in the town but from the Clevedon public, that our lads and lasses on the front-line are very much in their thoughts.
You may also want to watch:
“From both our recent events, the total raised will be approaching �10,000.”
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week