Rotary club’s �10,000 achievement
ALMOST �10,000 has been raised by the Rotary Club of Clevedon Yeo for two worthwhile causes.
The club held a day at Chepstow races in aid of Meningitis UK, with about 100 members and guests treated to fine dining and an afternoon of excitement, which included an auction and a bucket collection.
This resulted in more than �5,000 being raised.
That success was followed by a Help for Heroes concert at the Church of the Immaculate Conception in Marine Hill.
Club president Chris Morris said: “It was again obvious from the support we received, not only from traders in the town but from the Clevedon public, that our lads and lasses on the front-line are very much in their thoughts.
“From both our recent events, the total raised will be approaching �10,000.”
- 1 'Historic' Down Syndrome bill set to become law
- 2 How a family-run funeral directors can help to provide peace of mind
- 3 Man completely covers his house with festive lights to 'spread Christmas cheer'
- 4 Three-day Christmas market coming to North Somerset
- 5 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 6 Clevedon family braves cold water challenge in memory of grandad
- 7 Christmas lights to be switched on in Clevedon this weekend
- 8 Environmental groups accused for Portishead rail delay
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Nightclub conversion approved