Rock school comes to town
A ROCK school for young people will be launched in Nailsea next week.
Young rockers could have the chance to be signed to a record label after The Rock Project, which opens at Nailsea School’s state of the art auditorium on January 12, announced details of an exciting Battle of the Bands contest.
The music school, which has been running successfully in Portishead since October, offers youngsters aged seven to 18 tuition in guitar, drums and bass, in a fun and relaxed environment.
The two-hour, weekly sessions combine professional teaching with lots of other musical activities ranging from jamming and singing to music quizzes to help teach theory.
The budding musicians are encouraged to form bands and stage a rock concert at the end of the year.
You may also want to watch:
The Nailsea launch coincides with an announcement that this year The Rock Project will be offering students an opportunity to perform in front of some big names from the music industry in London in October, with a chance to be signed to a record label. Cash prizes will also be on offer.
Andy Collins who leads the Portishead and Nailsea sessions said: “After successfully launching in Portishead we are excited to bring this opportunity to Nailsea and are looking for budding young rock stars to take to London later in the year.”
- 1 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 4 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 5 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 8 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
The Nailsea sessions will take place on Thursdays with classes for seven to 11-year-olds taking place from 4-6pm and for those aged 12-18 running from 6-8pm.
For more details call 01275 265226, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.therockproject.com