Roaring trade at Christmas boutique
A CHRISTMAS shopping boutique was attended by more than 200 people helping to raise �840 for Clevedon’s new hospital.
The annual event was put on at The Hawthorns in Elton Road on November 27 with 250 homemade mince pies, 300 homemade cookies and 200 slices of stollen served to visitors.
The 29 stallholders did a roaring trade with gifts ranging from hand-carved wooden items, jewellery, Christmas preserves, chocolates and watercolours.
Barclays Bank matched the amount raised at the event and now �840 will be donated toward funds for the new Clevedon hospital.
Star of the BBC2 show, Eggheads, Daphne Fowler was due to attend the event but was unable to get there because of bad weather.
Boutique organiser Amanda Parsons said: “Happily, Daphne has agreed to come back in the New Year so fans need not be disappointed.
“If anyone wants to come and meet her, we will be organising a special event in the Spring.
- 1 Monthly disco returns for people with disabilities in North Somerset
- 2 Al-fresco summer concert in Clevedon this weekend
- 3 The Hub to host open day in Portishead
- 4 CCTV image released as police hunt missing teenager Tammy
- 5 Weston MP says Number 10 has 'not been honest' over Pincher scandal
- 6 Nailsea & Tickenham open pre-season with victory over Winscombe
- 7 Help improve North Somerset's water quality with hands-on science event
- 8 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 9 Backwell art group to host exhibition
- 10 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
“Our thanks go to Barclays Bank for matching what we raised to make a really good contribution to the new hospital fund.”