Roaring trade at Christmas boutique
A CHRISTMAS shopping boutique was attended by more than 200 people helping to raise �840 for Clevedon’s new hospital.
The annual event was put on at The Hawthorns in Elton Road on November 27 with 250 homemade mince pies, 300 homemade cookies and 200 slices of stollen served to visitors.
The 29 stallholders did a roaring trade with gifts ranging from hand-carved wooden items, jewellery, Christmas preserves, chocolates and watercolours.
Barclays Bank matched the amount raised at the event and now �840 will be donated toward funds for the new Clevedon hospital.
Star of the BBC2 show, Eggheads, Daphne Fowler was due to attend the event but was unable to get there because of bad weather.
You may also want to watch:
Boutique organiser Amanda Parsons said: “Happily, Daphne has agreed to come back in the New Year so fans need not be disappointed.
“If anyone wants to come and meet her, we will be organising a special event in the Spring.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
“Our thanks go to Barclays Bank for matching what we raised to make a really good contribution to the new hospital fund.”