Drivers urged to be patient with Nailsea street to shut for roadworks
- Credit: Google
A £300,000 scheme to improve the road surface in Nailsea will be carried out over the next fortnight.
Stock Way North will be shut overnight, to allow North Somerset Council to replace signs, fix kerbs, repair paths and resurface the carriageway.
The work will be carried out in three phases, resulting in the road being closed from 8pm-6am from June 10-18.
Resurfacing work from the junction of Stock Way South to the junction of Clevedon Road (B3130) will be carried out on the first two nights, before engineers' attention will then turn to the stretch from Clevedon Road. to High Street on June 12-13.
And June 14, 17 and 18 the works along Stock Way North will continue down to Lodge Lane.
You may also want to watch:
North Somerset Council's executive member for highways, James Tonkin, said: "This is a key route in Nailsea and these improvements will prolong the life of this road and footway for years to come.
"We would urge people to be patient while these essential works are completed."
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 8 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 9 Council agrees development plan for Nailsea site
- 10 Legal action starts to remove Portishead traveller camp