Road will change direction
THE direction of a one-way road in Clevedon will be changed following objections from members of the public.
It has now been confirmed that the direction of flow in Parnell Road will be reversed.
In May, the street was made one-way so drivers could only drive north along it from Teignmouth Road and out into Old Street in the town centre.
This was done as part of a wider scheme to improve safety along Old Street.
However, since the change was made, many concerns were raised about the direction of traffic and drivers reported poor visibility when turning out of the junction into a busy road.
You may also want to watch:
Following further consultation, it has now been decided to reverse this so vehicles can turn off of Old Street and into Parnell Road.
A decision document on the matter is due to be signed off by North Somerset Council’s executive member for highways Elfan Ap Rees this month.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 North Somerset authors publish books
- 5 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 6 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 7 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 8 Appeal after man injured in robbery
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities