Road will change direction
THE direction of a one-way road in Clevedon will be changed following objections from members of the public.
It has now been confirmed that the direction of flow in Parnell Road will be reversed.
In May, the street was made one-way so drivers could only drive north along it from Teignmouth Road and out into Old Street in the town centre.
This was done as part of a wider scheme to improve safety along Old Street.
However, since the change was made, many concerns were raised about the direction of traffic and drivers reported poor visibility when turning out of the junction into a busy road.
You may also want to watch:
Following further consultation, it has now been decided to reverse this so vehicles can turn off of Old Street and into Parnell Road.
A decision document on the matter is due to be signed off by North Somerset Council’s executive member for highways Elfan Ap Rees this month.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches