Road will change direction
THE direction of a one-way road in Clevedon will be changed following objections from members of the public.
It has now been confirmed that the direction of flow in Parnell Road will be reversed.
In May, the street was made one-way so drivers could only drive north along it from Teignmouth Road and out into Old Street in the town centre.
This was done as part of a wider scheme to improve safety along Old Street.
However, since the change was made, many concerns were raised about the direction of traffic and drivers reported poor visibility when turning out of the junction into a busy road.
You may also want to watch:
Following further consultation, it has now been decided to reverse this so vehicles can turn off of Old Street and into Parnell Road.
A decision document on the matter is due to be signed off by North Somerset Council’s executive member for highways Elfan Ap Rees this month.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 7 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 8 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport