Road closures after flooding
SEVERAL roads in North Somerset are closed today (Mon) after heavy rain has seen floodwater build up across the weekend.
Portbury Lane and Sheepway in Portbury are currently closed as well as Claverham Road in Claverham and Failand Lane in Failand.
Other roads affected by surface water include the A370 from Flax Bourton to Brockley, Brockley Combe Road and Downside Road and the A369 Abbots Leigh, according to North Somerset Council.
Police are also warning of queuing traffic on the A370 Main Road eastbound at Littlewood Lane.
Although two schools have been closed near Weston, there are currently no schools shut in the north of the district.
You may also want to watch:
Keep following the Times website for more information.
- 1 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 2 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 3 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Have your say about possible development surrounding Weston Big Wood
- 5 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 6 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 7 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
- 10 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal