Road closures after flooding
SEVERAL roads in North Somerset are closed today (Mon) after heavy rain has seen floodwater build up across the weekend.
Portbury Lane and Sheepway in Portbury are currently closed as well as Claverham Road in Claverham and Failand Lane in Failand.
Other roads affected by surface water include the A370 from Flax Bourton to Brockley, Brockley Combe Road and Downside Road and the A369 Abbots Leigh, according to North Somerset Council.
Police are also warning of queuing traffic on the A370 Main Road eastbound at Littlewood Lane.
Although two schools have been closed near Weston, there are currently no schools shut in the north of the district.
You may also want to watch:
Keep following the Times website for more information.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 7 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 8 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season