Rev gets wed
A NAILSEA minister used her ‘influence’ to secure a gloriously-sunny day for her wedding to her soul mate.
Rev Mandy Stevens married computer programmer and Methodist preacher Niall Briggs, of Ashton in Bristol, at Nailsea Methodist Church, which she leads, along with West Town Methodist Church, in Backwell.
Guests travelled from as far afield as Copenhagen and Scotland for the service, performed by Rev David Sharp of Nailsea and Rev Hilary Cooke of Bristol.
Mandy, who celebrated her 40th birthday three weeks before the happy occasion, said: “It was a brilliant day - the sun shone and everyone had a great time.
“There were 140 wedding guests but more at the church because people from both congregations came as well, which was great.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a nice touch that a team from the congregation at Nailsea decorated the Wesley Building with bunting and flowers and different groups from the church like the Girls Brigade made large paper flowers to decorate the walls.”
Rev Mandy Briggs, as she will now be known, met her 48-year-old husband two and a half years ago at a vocations day at Wesley College in Bristol.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
Rev Sharp will fill-in for Mandy while she is on sabbatical, following their honeymoon in Bruges, until September 3.
The couple will make their home in Station Road in Nailsea.