Retirement party for popular couple
TEARS and laughter filled Backwell Parish Hall as villagers said a fond farewell to much-loved couple Bob and Brenda Taylor.
Villagers threw a retirement party for the pair who have hung up their paper round bags after running Taylors newsagents for 32 years.
Although the couple are no longer running the shop, Bob still works at the store part time as well as carrying out council duties as parish council chairman.
Speaking of their time at the shop, he said: “We’ve loved every minute. It was a way of life and it’s been an absolute pleasure.”
When asked what he would like to say to the customers who have supported them over the years, he said: “Thanks a million, we don’t class you as customers we class you as friends.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s absolutely wonderful how you’ve supported us and been loyal, even in hard times.” Bob and Brenda are now looking forward to more holidays in their retirement and the villagers have extended a warm welcome to the shop’s new owner Vini Konojia and his family.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 3 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 10 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward