Retirement party for popular couple
TEARS and laughter filled Backwell Parish Hall as villagers said a fond farewell to much-loved couple Bob and Brenda Taylor.
Villagers threw a retirement party for the pair who have hung up their paper round bags after running Taylors newsagents for 32 years.
Although the couple are no longer running the shop, Bob still works at the store part time as well as carrying out council duties as parish council chairman.
Speaking of their time at the shop, he said: “We’ve loved every minute. It was a way of life and it’s been an absolute pleasure.”
When asked what he would like to say to the customers who have supported them over the years, he said: “Thanks a million, we don’t class you as customers we class you as friends.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s absolutely wonderful how you’ve supported us and been loyal, even in hard times.” Bob and Brenda are now looking forward to more holidays in their retirement and the villagers have extended a warm welcome to the shop’s new owner Vini Konojia and his family.
- 1 Baby Etta is first to be born at Clevedon MIU
- 2 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 3 'Inspiring' turnout for village's Great Big Green Day
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 6 Scholarship competition worth thousands of pounds launched to find area's next stars
- 7 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 8 Youth charity wins national accolade
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Cycling club using cameras to improve safety on roads