Residents sign up to have their say
A RESIDENTS association is going from strength to strength following a recent recruitment drive.
Backwell Residents Association now boasts 550 members from almost 300 homes throughout the village.
A total of 10 new households signed up during a special general meeting meeting, held in Backwell School’s new sixth form lecture theatre recently.
Honorary secretary Bruce Stewart, who was re-elected to his post, said: “We are delighted that so many residents have decided to join the association, following the decision to revitalise it, which will enable us to respond quickly to any threats to our community.
“The need for the Residents Association is undiminished as demonstrated the day-by-day growth of membership.”
You may also want to watch:
Members can have their say on any issue relating to the village but discussions usually centre around planning.
- 1 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 2 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 3 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 4 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 5 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
- 6 PICTURES: Backwell School throws leavers festival
- 7 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Protest outside MP's office over police and crime bill
- 10 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats