Residents sign up to have their say
A RESIDENTS association is going from strength to strength following a recent recruitment drive.
Backwell Residents Association now boasts 550 members from almost 300 homes throughout the village.
A total of 10 new households signed up during a special general meeting meeting, held in Backwell School’s new sixth form lecture theatre recently.
Honorary secretary Bruce Stewart, who was re-elected to his post, said: “We are delighted that so many residents have decided to join the association, following the decision to revitalise it, which will enable us to respond quickly to any threats to our community.
“The need for the Residents Association is undiminished as demonstrated the day-by-day growth of membership.”
You may also want to watch:
Members can have their say on any issue relating to the village but discussions usually centre around planning.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 7 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 8 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season