Remembering those who died
MEMORIAL events to commemorate police officers and staff who have lost their lives in the line of duty will be held this weekend.
A private service at police headquarters in Portishead will be followed by a parade and church service in Weston on Sunday.
The events in the Avon and Somerset force area will mirror a national memorial event, which this year is being held in Belfast.
It alternates between the major cities in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The private event at the Portishead police headquarters during the morning on Sunday will be for police officers and staff and relatives of those who have lost their lives while on duty.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Constable Colin Port will be joined by Avon and Somerset Police Authority chairman Dr Peter Heffer and senior officers and representatives across the constabulary.
The service will be led by force chaplain, Reverend Andy Paget.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 Pretty character cottage in Yatton outskirts
- 5 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 8 Hotel and wedding venue has seen business surge over summer
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town