Remembering those who died
MEMORIAL events to commemorate police officers and staff who have lost their lives in the line of duty will be held this weekend.
A private service at police headquarters in Portishead will be followed by a parade and church service in Weston on Sunday.
The events in the Avon and Somerset force area will mirror a national memorial event, which this year is being held in Belfast.
It alternates between the major cities in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The private event at the Portishead police headquarters during the morning on Sunday will be for police officers and staff and relatives of those who have lost their lives while on duty.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Constable Colin Port will be joined by Avon and Somerset Police Authority chairman Dr Peter Heffer and senior officers and representatives across the constabulary.
The service will be led by force chaplain, Reverend Andy Paget.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 4 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 Portishead furniture maker features in new BBC TV series
- 10 Barclays to close North Somerset branches