REVIEW: Rejuvenating, relaxing and self-indulgent day enjoyed at Aztec Hotel and Spa
- Credit: Aztec Hotel and Spa
I am frequently searching for a spa destination which has the facilities, the customer service and the treatments - and I was pleasantly surprised with what Aztec Hotel and Spa has to offer.
It is located in Almondsbury, just off the M5 on the A38 in Gloucester Road, and a friend and I tried out a selection of treatments and visited the facilities yesterday (Sunday).
The spa was refurbished in October and I was pleased to see how attractive it is on arrival, the staff could not be friendlier – which won me over instantly.
After collecting our robes, towels and slippers we were shown the facilities which did not disappoint – the swimming pool is a decent size and there is a sauna, hot tub and steam room – which if you visit spas often, is a luxury.
Considering we arrived on a Sunday, it didn’t have the bustling feeling some smaller venues have – which is lovely, and it meant I could really unwind.
You may also want to watch:
The spa has a vibrant, but at the same time relaxed atmosphere, which I’m sure was helped by the glorious sunshine we were treated to over the weekend.
We indulged in two of the taster treatments, I chose to have a Des Vignes back massage, which was given by masseur Sammy who has 10 years of experience.
- 1 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 2 Council's Clevedon offices could be redeveloped
- 3 Care home staff ensure Portishead couple enjoy romantic meal in lockdown
- 4 Clevedon Co-op to close temporarily
- 5 Charity available to help villagers during coronavirus crisis
- 6 Financial support extended for North Somerset businesses
- 7 Controlled explosion carried out at nature reserve
- 8 Council tax to increase for 'most exciting council budget in 18 years'
- 9 Portishead residents facing skyrocketing costs due to unsafe cladding
- 10 Council to focus on making community 'better and stronger' post Covid
I also tried an exfoliating divine scrub from spa therapist Evie, who has been in the job since June.
Both of which had nothing but praise for the company, and the packages left us feeling rejuvenated and pampered and ready to take on a busy week at the office.
As well as the spa, there is a state-of-the-art gym, and the restaurant we dined at is beautiful, bright and airy.
The mozzarella and tomato salad which featured on the two-course light lunch menu was tasty and filling, but the cherry on the cake was the triple ice cream dessert – which was a well-deserved treat and definitely worth a try if you have a sweet tooth.
The venue has won the World Luxury Spa Award 2018, and it is easy to see why – if you are looking to indulge yourself at a spa which is family-friendly, has a serene atmosphere and will leave you feeling zen, then Aztec is delivering on all fronts.
For more information, visit www.spa-and-fitness.co.uk/aztec or call 01454 201090.