Recycling facility could go
A RECYCLING facility could soon be removed from the village centre in Pill.
Members of the parish council voted with a majority to remove the bins from Baltic Place, which are used to recycle materials including glass and paper.
This was in response to a proposal by North Somerset Council to reduce the number of mini recycling centres in the district following the introduction of its doorstep collection service.
However, the unitary authority is not keen for the Baltic Place facility to be one of those to be removed.
It is used by people holding events in the village’s shopping precinct as well as people living in nearby flats.
You may also want to watch:
Residents keen to see the facility remain in the village are asked to contact the parish office at the resource centre in Baltic Place on 01275 374442.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 3 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Health club thanks NHS workers with free memberships