Recycling facility could go
A RECYCLING facility could soon be removed from the village centre in Pill.
Members of the parish council voted with a majority to remove the bins from Baltic Place, which are used to recycle materials including glass and paper.
This was in response to a proposal by North Somerset Council to reduce the number of mini recycling centres in the district following the introduction of its doorstep collection service.
However, the unitary authority is not keen for the Baltic Place facility to be one of those to be removed.
It is used by people holding events in the village’s shopping precinct as well as people living in nearby flats.
You may also want to watch:
Residents keen to see the facility remain in the village are asked to contact the parish office at the resource centre in Baltic Place on 01275 374442.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Pupils beat parents in school fun run