Receptionist voted Miss Popular
A BACKWELL receptionist who took part in the final of Miss Bristol and Avon 2012 is on top of the world after being voted Miss Popularity for scooping the public vote.
The Times reported last month former Backwell School pupil Katie Ray, aged 20, was due to compete against women from all over the county for the title.
And Katie, who aspires to become a writer rather than a model, is delighted she will now be heading for the bright lights of London later this month to take part in the national Miss Popularity pageant.
The three winners will go on to compete in the semi finals of Miss England.
Katie said: “I’m thrilled about winning Miss Popularity as it gives me another chance at going through to the Miss England semi finals.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m obviously a little disappointed that I didn’t win but I think Carley, the girl who won, was very deserving of the crown.”
She was awarded a sash and prize of a free hair styling consultation, cut and colour, a personal shopping experience and an outfit of her choice.
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Neighbourhood plan to go before council next month
- 4 Nailsea United fall to heavy defeat against Mendip Broadwalk
- 5 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Age UK looking for North Somerset volunteers
- 8 Portishead Art Trail splash sculpture gets a refurb
- 9 Hinkley dredging is safe, say project leaders
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?