Receptionist voted Miss Popular
A BACKWELL receptionist who took part in the final of Miss Bristol and Avon 2012 is on top of the world after being voted Miss Popularity for scooping the public vote.
The Times reported last month former Backwell School pupil Katie Ray, aged 20, was due to compete against women from all over the county for the title.
And Katie, who aspires to become a writer rather than a model, is delighted she will now be heading for the bright lights of London later this month to take part in the national Miss Popularity pageant.
The three winners will go on to compete in the semi finals of Miss England.
Katie said: “I’m thrilled about winning Miss Popularity as it gives me another chance at going through to the Miss England semi finals.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m obviously a little disappointed that I didn’t win but I think Carley, the girl who won, was very deserving of the crown.”
She was awarded a sash and prize of a free hair styling consultation, cut and colour, a personal shopping experience and an outfit of her choice.
- 1 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 2 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 3 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 5 Have your say about possible development surrounding Weston Big Wood
- 6 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 7 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
- 10 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal