Receptionist competes in beauty contest
A BACKWELL receptionist will be ringing the changes after making it through to the final of Miss Bristol and Avon 2012.
Former Backwell School pupil Katie Ray, aged 20, will compete against women from throughout the county for the title, which would land her a place in the coveted Miss England final.
The Miss Bristol and Avon final, organised by national modelling agency Front Models, which specialises in hospitality and promotional work, will take place in Bristol, on March 26.
Katie will be interviewed by a panel of judges and will walk three catwalk rounds including day, party and evening wear.
Katie, who aspires to become a writer rather than a model, said: “I entered last year and really enjoyed the experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I re-entered because I loved the morals that were associated with the competition. They are not looking for a Barbie doll, they are looking for a girl that is both beautiful on the inside and out, and who has a charitable nature.”
Fans of Katie can vote for her by texting MISS BRISTOL13 to 63333 or by calling 0901 3070136.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 4 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 8 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun
- 9 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
The winner of the public vote, as well as the overall winner, will be announced on March 26, and will be awarded a free hair styling consultation, cut and colour, a personal shopping experience and an outfit of their choice.