Receptionist competes in beauty contest
A BACKWELL receptionist will be ringing the changes after making it through to the final of Miss Bristol and Avon 2012.
Former Backwell School pupil Katie Ray, aged 20, will compete against women from throughout the county for the title, which would land her a place in the coveted Miss England final.
The Miss Bristol and Avon final, organised by national modelling agency Front Models, which specialises in hospitality and promotional work, will take place in Bristol, on March 26.
Katie will be interviewed by a panel of judges and will walk three catwalk rounds including day, party and evening wear.
Katie, who aspires to become a writer rather than a model, said: “I entered last year and really enjoyed the experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I re-entered because I loved the morals that were associated with the competition. They are not looking for a Barbie doll, they are looking for a girl that is both beautiful on the inside and out, and who has a charitable nature.”
Fans of Katie can vote for her by texting MISS BRISTOL13 to 63333 or by calling 0901 3070136.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
The winner of the public vote, as well as the overall winner, will be announced on March 26, and will be awarded a free hair styling consultation, cut and colour, a personal shopping experience and an outfit of their choice.