Raising awareness through art
PLAYFUL artwork was put on display in Clevedon to raise awareness of an important children’s charity.
Springboard Opportunity Group organised an exhibition at Fizz Gallery in Hill Road to show off pieces of art created by the children with additional needs who it supports.
The charity, which has a facility in Princes Road and also in Weston, holds dedicated play sessions, supports children in their local preschool or nursery and also in their transition to school. Family support sessions, parent workshops, information and advice are also an integral part of the charity’s work.
The exhibition in Clevedon was attended by trustees, representatives of North Somerset Council as well as parents and members of the public.
Development officer Ann Ramsey said: “We had some good comments from people who attended.
You may also want to watch:
“As something for raising awareness of Springboard it was very successful.”
* For more details about Springboard Opportunity Group visit www.springboardweb.org.uk
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 3 WIN: Tickets to Cliff Richard live concert screening
- 4 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 5 North Somerset authors publish books
- 6 Nailsea & Backwell RFC v Bristol Imperial RFC LIVE BLOG
- 7 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 8 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 9 Coffee morning raises hundreds of pounds for two charities
- 10 Appeal after man injured in robbery