Raising awareness through art
PLAYFUL artwork was put on display in Clevedon to raise awareness of an important children’s charity.
Springboard Opportunity Group organised an exhibition at Fizz Gallery in Hill Road to show off pieces of art created by the children with additional needs who it supports.
The charity, which has a facility in Princes Road and also in Weston, holds dedicated play sessions, supports children in their local preschool or nursery and also in their transition to school. Family support sessions, parent workshops, information and advice are also an integral part of the charity’s work.
The exhibition in Clevedon was attended by trustees, representatives of North Somerset Council as well as parents and members of the public.
Development officer Ann Ramsey said: “We had some good comments from people who attended.
You may also want to watch:
“As something for raising awareness of Springboard it was very successful.”
* For more details about Springboard Opportunity Group visit www.springboardweb.org.uk
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser