Raising awareness through art
PLAYFUL artwork was put on display in Clevedon to raise awareness of an important children’s charity.
Springboard Opportunity Group organised an exhibition at Fizz Gallery in Hill Road to show off pieces of art created by the children with additional needs who it supports.
The charity, which has a facility in Princes Road and also in Weston, holds dedicated play sessions, supports children in their local preschool or nursery and also in their transition to school. Family support sessions, parent workshops, information and advice are also an integral part of the charity’s work.
The exhibition in Clevedon was attended by trustees, representatives of North Somerset Council as well as parents and members of the public.
Development officer Ann Ramsey said: “We had some good comments from people who attended.
You may also want to watch:
“As something for raising awareness of Springboard it was very successful.”
* For more details about Springboard Opportunity Group visit www.springboardweb.org.uk
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 6 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse