Rail poster designs wanted
THE artistic talents of Portishead residents are being called upon to create a railway poster for the town.
Supporters of Portishead railway projects have launched a competition asking budding artists to create the kind of poster that was seen for decades in railway stations across the country, to entice people to visit.
Businesses Pure Offices and JDF and Associates have teamed up to sponsor the contest which will highlight what Portishead has to offer visitors to the town.
Kim Batchelor, centre manager for Pure Offices at Kestrel Court said: “Over the past 160 years a plethora of railway posters displayed at stations bombarded travellers with information about destinations and holiday opportunities.
“We have found old posters that promoted Clevedon and Weston to passengers, but there don’t seem to be any in existence for Portishead, so we thought it was about time one was created.”
You may also want to watch:
The designer of the winning poster will receive a gift voucher for �50 of artists’ materials and the design will be published in volume 7 of the Poster to Poster series of definitive books on railway poster art.
The closing date for entries is April 10, however a sample of the entries received by March 18 will be displayed at a Railway Poster Exhibition at Kestrel Court between March 21-24.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 3 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 8 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 9 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 10 Clevedon's FA Vase dream ends at Plymouth Parkway
For an entry form and further details email email@example.com