Rag royals chosen
THE king and queen who will step out at Pill’s annual Rag extravaganza have been chosen.
Adele Taylor, aged 18, and 17-year-old Luke Wilson have been picked to lead the royal family for the village event.
Claire Brayley was also chosen as a Rag attendant and Pauline McDade was named as queen mother.
Pill Rag takes place every year on Pill Green and includes a whole host of activities and entertainment, including a pet show and a fancy dress competition, before a parade through the village in the evening.
This year’s event takes place on June 4.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s event resulted in about �1,000 being raised, which has been handed to community groups in Pill.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 £350k funds for North Somerset projects opens
- 3 New school to open in Yatton later this year
- 4 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Group protests against new police and crime bill
- 7 Rotary thanks shoppers for foodbank donations in lockdowns
- 8 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 9 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 10 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans