Rag royals chosen
THE king and queen who will step out at Pill’s annual Rag extravaganza have been chosen.
Adele Taylor, aged 18, and 17-year-old Luke Wilson have been picked to lead the royal family for the village event.
Claire Brayley was also chosen as a Rag attendant and Pauline McDade was named as queen mother.
Pill Rag takes place every year on Pill Green and includes a whole host of activities and entertainment, including a pet show and a fancy dress competition, before a parade through the village in the evening.
This year’s event takes place on June 4.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s event resulted in about �1,000 being raised, which has been handed to community groups in Pill.
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 3 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 4 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 5 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 6 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 7 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 8 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 9 Protestors take to the streets against Bristol Airport
- 10 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved