Rafts take to the water
HUNDREDS of people flocked to Portishead’s Lake Grounds for the town’s annual raft race.
Despite the odd shower, crowds gathered on Sunday to watch enthusiasts take to the water in their home-made crafts to battle it out for the trophies up for grabs.
BBC weather girl Jemma Cooper provided commentary throughout the afternoon, while barbecues, sideshows, stalls and live music kept families entertained in between races.
Overall winner was Le Roc with Rock Le Boat Too, BS2.0 was placed second and third place went to the open air pool lifeguards team, Pool Pirates.
First in the junior section was Blue Streak Young Guns. Lidl and Rock Le Boat were joint winners of the Carlos Cup, which is for the most money raised, and Lidl Birds Are Go won a prize for the best dressed raft.
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the link at the top right of this story.
- 1 Portishead awarded GreenSeas Trust bin to tackle plastic pollution
- 2 Gorgeous three-bedroom character cottage in rural area, with annexe
- 3 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 4 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 New bike shelter opened at Weston General Hospital for Clean Air Day
- 7 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 8 Portishead Summer Show announces 2021 dates
- 9 Circus Funtasia comes to Clevedon
- 10 Plans for housing on Backwell fields take step forward