Rafts take to the water
HUNDREDS of people flocked to Portishead’s Lake Grounds for the town’s annual raft race.
Despite the odd shower, crowds gathered on Sunday to watch enthusiasts take to the water in their home-made crafts to battle it out for the trophies up for grabs.
BBC weather girl Jemma Cooper provided commentary throughout the afternoon, while barbecues, sideshows, stalls and live music kept families entertained in between races.
Overall winner was Le Roc with Rock Le Boat Too, BS2.0 was placed second and third place went to the open air pool lifeguards team, Pool Pirates.
First in the junior section was Blue Streak Young Guns. Lidl and Rock Le Boat were joint winners of the Carlos Cup, which is for the most money raised, and Lidl Birds Are Go won a prize for the best dressed raft.
You may also want to watch:
* For more pictures click on the link at the top right of this story.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season