Raft race this weekend
THE heat is on for those competing in the annual raft race at Portishead Lake Grounds this weekend.
Organisers are promising fun for all the family at the event on Sunday, which is expected to raise thousands of pounds for the Portishead and Bristol Lifeboat and other local charities.
The fun begins with music and dancing at noon and the first race, which is the edible boat challenge, starts at 12.30pm.
The main races will begin at 1pm with different heats every 30 minutes, ending in a grand finale and prize giving.
BBC weather girl Jemma Cooper will be commentating and live music will be provided by The Communicators.
You may also want to watch:
Spectators are invited to take a picnic or join in the barbecue provided, while they watch teams dash around the water.
For more details visit www.portisheadraftrace.co.uk
- 1 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 2 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 3 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 4 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 5 Portishead's Amelie Morgan wins team bronze at Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Summer show goes down a treat in Portishead
- 7 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 8 'Amazing atmosphere' at return of Clevedon Parkrun
- 9 New village scout hut in greenbelt approved
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'