Questions about care answered
AN EXPERIENCED Clevedon nurse has set up a new website offering advice and support for people looking for a care home for a relative.
Questions About Care was created by Karen Jacob of Copse Road who has been a nurse for 45 years and has managed care homes during her career.
The 63-year-old, who is now retired, is keen to make use of her years of experience by passing on advice to those who need it, including those who have concerns about the standards of care being given to an elderly loved one.
She said: “I am very aware that there is very little information out there for people who have problems with a care home. They don’t know who to go to.
“I hope this will give them some power back.
You may also want to watch:
“I also want to help people know what to look for when looking for a care home.
“It is about empowering both the clients and their families to make sure that they are getting a good deal for the money being spent.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 3 Nailsea & Tickenham maintain unbeaten start with comfortable win over Chard
- 4 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 5 North Somerset Arts Week is huge success
- 6 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
- 7 School athletics tracks gets eco-friendly floodlight boost
- 8 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 9 The Subways to perform at Bristol O2 Academy
- 10 Gordano RFC edge out Clevedon RFC to maintain perfect start to season
“They may not have the information they need to make judgements about how care is given. The better homes will encourage visitors to talk to residents about their experiences.”
For more details visit the website at www.questionsaboutcare.co.uk