Questions about care answered
AN EXPERIENCED Clevedon nurse has set up a new website offering advice and support for people looking for a care home for a relative.
Questions About Care was created by Karen Jacob of Copse Road who has been a nurse for 45 years and has managed care homes during her career.
The 63-year-old, who is now retired, is keen to make use of her years of experience by passing on advice to those who need it, including those who have concerns about the standards of care being given to an elderly loved one.
She said: “I am very aware that there is very little information out there for people who have problems with a care home. They don’t know who to go to.
“I hope this will give them some power back.
You may also want to watch:
“I also want to help people know what to look for when looking for a care home.
“It is about empowering both the clients and their families to make sure that they are getting a good deal for the money being spent.
- 1 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 2 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal
- 3 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 4 Clevedon girl, 4, wins music award
- 5 Another North Somerset school hit with Covid cases
- 6 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 7 Man suffers head injuries after armed confrontation outside pub
- 8 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 9 Woodspring Women in hunt for new players over the age of 16 to join their side
- 10 Royals praise North Somerset children's hospice
“They may not have the information they need to make judgements about how care is given. The better homes will encourage visitors to talk to residents about their experiences.”
For more details visit the website at www.questionsaboutcare.co.uk