Pregnant mother and infant treated after flat fire

A PREGNANT mother and her child were treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a Portishead home yesterday.

Two fire appliances were called to the flat in Briary Road at 12.56pm and found a small fire in the kitchen of the property.

Crews put out the fire using a high pressure hose reel and the pregnant woman and her young infant were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

The fire is believed to have started accidentally.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter