Potholed road to be resurfaced
WORK to resurface a severely potholed road in Easton-in-Gordano is due to start this month.
From May 21, St Georges Hill and Priory Road will be closed between the junctions with Martcombe Road and Debeccas Lane.
The work, which will be carried out on behalf of North Somerset Council, is anticipated to take two weeks to complete and vehicles will have to take an alternative route using Pill Road to get in and out of Pill and Easton-in-Gordano from the A369.
Concerns have been raised about the length of time the two roads will be closed for and members of the parish council have said they are working with North Somerset Council in attempt to minimise the disruption caused.
The project to resurface St Georges Hill and Priory Road was due to take place in January, once work to improve the A369 and install traffic lights was complete.
You may also want to watch:
However, delays in the A369 work resulted in the scheme being postponed until this month.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'