Portishead nursery holds graduation ceremony
- Credit: The Nursery
Staff at a Portishead nursery held a graduation ceremony for children who will be heading into reception in the upcoming academic year.
The Nursery, on Combe Road, organised a disco which was held at Portishead Youth Club and featured games as well as poem and story performances.
The Nursery's owner told the Times that some of the children had been with her team since they were babies.
Jackie Hardie said: "Some of the children leaving us have been at The Nursery since they were babies and we will miss them a lot.
"However, we have been helping them to prepare for primary school for some time and they are ready for this next step.
"We wish them all good luck and look forward to hearing all about their exciting new experiences.”
Marking the end of the children’s preschool days and celebrating their next new adventure, the event held at Portishead Youth Centre, involved disco dancing, poems, stories, fun and games.
- 1 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 2 Earthfare celebrates launch in Portishead
- 3 From cleaning windows to playing for Ashton & Backwell - Coleman's story
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 WIN: Tickets to Oasis concert screening at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 7 Huge housing extension planned for North Somerset town
- 8 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab
- 9 Highland calf born for first time in five years at zoo
- 10 Masked man caught spying on couple in North Somerset village
Certificates, photographs and a gift were handed out to each child at the ceremony during which they promised to report back to the nursery on their new adventures at ‘big school’.