Portishead nursery holds graduation ceremony
- Credit: The Nursery
Staff at a Portishead nursery held a graduation ceremony for children who will be heading into reception in the upcoming academic year.
The Nursery, on Combe Road, organised a disco which was held at Portishead Youth Club and featured games as well as poem and story performances.
The Nursery's owner told the Times that some of the children had been with her team since they were babies.
Jackie Hardie said: "Some of the children leaving us have been at The Nursery since they were babies and we will miss them a lot.
"However, we have been helping them to prepare for primary school for some time and they are ready for this next step.
"We wish them all good luck and look forward to hearing all about their exciting new experiences.”
Marking the end of the children’s preschool days and celebrating their next new adventure, the event held at Portishead Youth Centre, involved disco dancing, poems, stories, fun and games.
- 1 Contemporary four-bedroom house with beautiful views
- 2 Bus companies to face Portishead residents at fourth meeting
- 3 World-renowned cider maker to host family open day next month
- 4 Woman dies after collision in Clevedon
- 5 Rural bus routes could get axed in proposals drawn up by First Bus
- 6 'Extreme heat' warning issued for Somerset
- 7 Pictures: Clevedon care home celebrates summer fete
- 8 New path will provide safer route to village school
- 9 How this housing developer is switching fuels to cut carbon emissions
- 10 Deal means Portishead to Bristol rail line will open in 2026
Certificates, photographs and a gift were handed out to each child at the ceremony during which they promised to report back to the nursery on their new adventures at ‘big school’.