Horticultural society cancels Portishead Summer Show 2020
- Credit: Archant
The Portishead Summer Show has been cancelled and is set to return in 2021.
Portishead Horticultural Society has cancelled this year’s event, which was due to take place on July 25-26.
With the exception of war years, this is the first time the event has been cancelled in its 157-year history.
Organisers say they had to put the health and safety of visitors, volunteers, exhibitors and traders ‘above all else’ before making the decision to cancel the show.
A spokesman said: “We recognise how disappointing this news will be to many, but hope that everyone will understand our decision.
You may also want to watch:
“We are looking to see we can hold a virtual gardening competition and will provide details of this in due course.
“Preparations are now in place for the 2021 show, due to be held on July 24-25, and we look forward to welcoming you all then.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 4 Portishead building firm wins national award
- 5 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 6 First year success for racing superstar Trevorrow
- 7 Health leaders urge people to keep following Covid guidelines as rates begin to drop in North Somerset
- 8 Clevedon carer raises more than £1,600 with charity head shave
- 9 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 10 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
“Together, we will get through these difficult times, keep safe and take care.”