Inspectors praise OUTSTANDING Portishead nursery
- Credit: The Nursery
A Portishead nursery has been given a glowing report by Ofsted, securing it another Oustanding rating by the education watchdog.
The Nursery, on Combe Road, received its first Ofsted outstanding rating in 2016, within a year of opening in the town and it has remained outstanding ever since.
Jackie Hardie, The Nursery’s owner, described the result as a ‘fantastic achievement’ for all her staff and pupils.
She said: “I am so proud of the entire nursery team who work hard to create memorable childhoods for our children while providing the very best in care, development and education at all times.”
An inspector toured The Nursery premises in April and released the report this week.
The quality of education, behaviour and attitudes, personal development, leadership and management were all rated outstanding, resulting in outstanding overall effectiveness.
In her report, inspector Shahnaz Scully said: “Children are safe, happy and thrive at this welcoming nursery.
- 1 Monthly disco returns for people with disabilities in North Somerset
- 2 Al-fresco summer concert in Clevedon this weekend
- 3 The Hub to host open day in Portishead
- 4 CCTV image released as police hunt missing teenager Tammy
- 5 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 6 VIDEO: Coastguard airlifts two people from Clevedon waters
- 7 Weston MP says Number 10 has 'not been honest' over Pincher scandal
- 8 Backwell art group to host exhibition
- 9 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 10 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
"They are highly confident and independent learners, who acquire the skills to be resilient from a young age. The dedicated staff team work tirelessly to ensure all children get the best possible start.”
The report also noted The Nursery’s strong leadership team, strong safeguarding culture and exceptional support for children with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND).