Chocolate raffle in Portishead raises money for good causes
- Credit: Portishead Lions
A charity raffle has seen hundreds of pounds raised for three good causes.
Each year Portishead Lions raffles a large chocolate sculpture of Father Christmas to raise money.
The final total has yet to be revealed, but the money collected will go to Diabetes UK, Portishead Diabetes Support Group and to the Lions’ own pot which it distributes to causes in and around Portishead.
The Lions thanked those who participated, including the youth centre which benefited from the Lions’ financial support when it came to redecorating its base.
Raffle organiser Roy Shaw, said the Lions were equally pleased to be working with centre as it recognises the important role it has within the town.
You may also want to watch:
The Albion, Clarence House, Hall & Woodhouse, Heaven On The Hill, Ocean Marina Café, Phoenix Tavern, Pill Memorial Club, The Plough, The Poacher, The Rudgleigh and The Ship also took part.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award