Portishead Lions installs defibrillator at Black Horse pub
- Credit: Portishead Lions Club
Portishead Lions Club has installed its 27th defibrillator at the Black Horse in Clapton-in-Gordano.
John Miles, who lives in the area, donated £2,500 towards the cost of the purchase and to install the defibrillator.
The club says the equipment's location is 'particularly important' to the community because of the 'remoteness' of the village.
Its members also say the defibrillators will 'give peace of mind' to people living in the area and the Black Horse customers.
Portishead Lions is coming towards the end of its campaign to install defibrillators in the town and the surrounding areas, which it started five and a half years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The club is looking for cash donations to fund the ongoing maintenance of the units in the district.
To donate to the scheme, contact Andrew Hill at Portishead Lions at email@example.com or call 01275 818200.
- 1 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 2 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 3 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 4 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 5 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 6 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 7 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 8 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake reopens
- 10 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners