Fantastic fun for families at Portishead’s annual Victorian night
- Credit: Archant
It appeared the clocks had been turned back more than a century in Portishead on Friday night.
The ever-popular Victorian Evening was staged in the town centre and drew a large crowd into Portishead.
Fairground rides, lots of market stalls selling gifts and more besides made for a fantastic night of family fun.
There was also a large selection of hot food and drink stands too – enough to warm even the coldest of hands on a chilly December evening.
And all the excitement took place under the fantastic backdrop of Christmas lights which once again provide the town with a real festive glow this year.
You may also want to watch:
Several people also dressed up in Victorian attire to bring an extra historical edge to proceedings.
The Times will be publishing the Portishead Tree of Light messages in next week’s paper, which will come out on December 28 due to the Christmas holidays.
- 1 Car show produced in Clevedon proving to be popular among petrolheads
- 2 Roomy chocolate-box cottage packed with period features
- 3 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 4 Shop Local: Chamber of commerce urges people to utilise high street independents this weekend
- 5 Support Portishead and Nailsea Lions clubs with Santa Float collections this December
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 New bike racks installed in Portishead High Street
- 8 Clevedon Music Club cancels winter concert
- 9 Portishead building firm wins national award