Portishead practice thanks volunteers for Covid booster help
- Credit: Harbourside Family Practice
A family practice in Portishead has thanked volunteers for helping give more than 4,000 residents a Covid booster jab.
The effort was on short notice following the Government's announcement earlier this month urging all people who were eligible to sign up for a third Covid jab to help prevent the spread of the Omicron variant.
Harbourside Family Practice jabbed a record-breaking 1,900 patients on December 19 alone.
Manager, Fran Upshon told the Times: ‘We could not have done it without our amazing volunteers.
"They have been a fantastic support to our staff at our vaccination clinics.
"They braved freezing temperatures to provide a welcoming smile and help flow patients safely through the site.”
In a week, 4,225 residents from Portishead, Clevedon and Pill were vaccinated at Harbourside.
- 1 Parking restrictions plaguing Clevedon residents' everyday lives
- 2 WATCH: Stunning 40-yard 'goal of the season' for Clevedon Town earns praise from FIFA
- 3 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 4 Clevedon rated as one of the most desirable places to live in the UK
- 5 Cross-party support for Liam Fox's 'landmark' Downs Syndrome Bill
- 6 Portishead teachers WILL strike over workload dispute
- 7 Glastonbury 2022: Who is confirmed and how do I get tickets?
- 8 More than 2,500 new homes north of Banwell in Local Plan draft
- 9 Price's heroics secure Ashton & Backwell United successive wins
Dr Fiona Allinson, GP Partner, also told the Times that volunteer vaccinators: from St John Ambulance service were brought in to help with the effort.
Dr Allinson said “The St John Ambulance volunteers gave up their time in the run-up to Christmas to help us offer as many vaccines as possible during our walk-in clinics, we are so grateful to them for all of their help.”
Harbourside will be holding more Covid vaccine clinics in the New Year, check www.harboursidefmp.nhs.uk for updates.