Portishead death: Woman named as Brittany Parrotte
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
A woman who was found dead at a block of apartments in Portishead has been named.
The woman has been formally identified as 31-year-old Brittany Parrotte.
Further enquiries were carried out following her death at a property in Paper Mills Gardens on September 29.
A 27-year-old man arrested in connection with the investigation has been released under investigation until the results of the further tests are known.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: "A forensic post-mortem examination has been completed and initial findings showed no signs of an assault or any indication to suggest there was any third party involvement in her death.
"Further tests will still need to be carried out which will take some time to complete.
"Brittany’s family will continue to be supported by specially-trained officers and they have asked for their privacy to be respected.
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 5 PICTURES: Nailsea farmers market birthday party
- 6 Driving group needs more volunteers
- 7 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 8 Camera club wants new members to join
- 9 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront
- 10 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
"Our sympathies are with them in their loss."