Popular picnic event goes down a treat
- Credit: Archant
About 200 people enjoyed a summer picnic in Portishead’s Jubilee Park on Saturday afternoon.
Live music from Highly Strung and Portishead Town Band entertained the crowds while there were lots of games and activities for the children and adults to enjoy, including circus skills workshops.
Portishead in Bloom together with Transition Portishead and the local church helped to organise the event, which proved so successful that it has already been agreed to hold it again next year.
Sandy Tebbutt, who helped organise the picnic event, said: “It went really well. It was a lovely informal and relaxing afternoon.
“There was lots of bunting out and everyone seemed to have a really pleasant time to start the school holidays.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a bit breezy but it was dry and warm and made for a great afternoon.”
- 1 Dad drove family 270 miles for kebab before crashing on M5
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Portishead Big Clean returns this weekend
- 4 Mental health services to help people cope in lockdown
- 5 Portishead Lake Grounds gates to be installed this week
- 6 RNLI helm retires after nearly two decades of saving lives at sea
- 7 Plans launched to upgrade village's Recreation Club
- 8 Congresbury Tennis Club bucks Covid trend
- 9 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 10 Clevedon United Girls under-nines pass on thanks to their sponsors