Popular picnic event goes down a treat
- Credit: Archant
About 200 people enjoyed a summer picnic in Portishead’s Jubilee Park on Saturday afternoon.
Live music from Highly Strung and Portishead Town Band entertained the crowds while there were lots of games and activities for the children and adults to enjoy, including circus skills workshops.
Portishead in Bloom together with Transition Portishead and the local church helped to organise the event, which proved so successful that it has already been agreed to hold it again next year.
Sandy Tebbutt, who helped organise the picnic event, said: “It went really well. It was a lovely informal and relaxing afternoon.
“There was lots of bunting out and everyone seemed to have a really pleasant time to start the school holidays.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a bit breezy but it was dry and warm and made for a great afternoon.”
- 1 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 2 Preparing for a popular traditional Christmas light display in Kenn
- 3 Store refurbishment creates fresh job opportunities in Portishead
- 4 Bristol Airport welcomes new testing strategy for arrivals
- 5 Leisure centre to reopen next year following repairs
- 6 Appeal for help to find missing teenager
- 7 Further delays for rail project
- 8 New multi-million pound sports facility for Backwell School
- 9 'Outstanding’ town council clerk stands down
- 10 Portishead couple raises £5k for charity in support of close friend after cancer diagnosis