Popular headteacher retires
A POPULAR headteacher in Clevedon will be sorely missed following her retirement after many years working in North Somerset schools.
Ruth Newton has been at St John the Evangelist Primary School in Fosseway since April 2004 and spent her last few days at the school last week. Before that, she spent a number of years as headteacher at Wraxall Primary School.
Mrs Newton has also carried out work for North Somerset Council as well as the Diocese of Bath and Wells during her career.
A statement from staff at St John’s said: “Her never wavering commitment and spiritual leadership have helped create a very happy school that thrives on its Christian ethos.
“Her dedication and commitment to the school and her support in the various roles she has held within the authority have been both influential and inspirational.
You may also want to watch:
“She will be sorely missed and we all wish her a happy future.”
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 3 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 4 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 5 PICTURES: Pub relaunches following major transformation
- 6 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 7 Pupils beat parents in school fun run
- 8 Nailsea & Backwell RFC thrash Stothert & Pitt to make it four wins from four
- 9 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 10 Second school site gets approval despite opposition