Popular headteacher retires
A POPULAR headteacher in Clevedon will be sorely missed following her retirement after many years working in North Somerset schools.
Ruth Newton has been at St John the Evangelist Primary School in Fosseway since April 2004 and spent her last few days at the school last week. Before that, she spent a number of years as headteacher at Wraxall Primary School.
Mrs Newton has also carried out work for North Somerset Council as well as the Diocese of Bath and Wells during her career.
A statement from staff at St John’s said: “Her never wavering commitment and spiritual leadership have helped create a very happy school that thrives on its Christian ethos.
“Her dedication and commitment to the school and her support in the various roles she has held within the authority have been both influential and inspirational.
You may also want to watch:
“She will be sorely missed and we all wish her a happy future.”
- 1 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 2 Zoo farm 'distraught' after death of elephant
- 3 Man forced to pay £2k for fly-tipping in North Somerset
- 4 Have your say about possible development surrounding Weston Big Wood
- 5 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
- 6 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 7 Controversial plans for Clevedon B&M set for approval
- 8 School staff praised for lockdown learning with ice cream treats
- 9 ‘You’ve been flamingoed!”
- 10 Pupils hike up mountain for school sports hall appeal