Popular bookshop extends hours
THE success of Clevedon’s first community bookshop means it will be open for longer from April.
The shop in Copse Road was opened in December by a group of volunteer residents who pulled together to create the facility following the closure of the road’s original book shop.
People were offered the chance to buy shares and become members of a community cooperative, giving them the chance to vote on how the shop is run.
With about 10,000 books on the shelves, the store has proved hugely popular.
As a result, from April 6, the shop will be open from 10am-5pm each day, giving people an extra hour in the afternoon to browse what is on offer.
You may also want to watch:
In the future, the cooperative hopes to use any money generated to put on author readings, new book launches, poetry sessions and other workshops.
* To find out more visit www.clevedoncommunitybookshop.coop
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style