Popular bookshop extends hours
THE success of Clevedon’s first community bookshop means it will be open for longer from April.
The shop in Copse Road was opened in December by a group of volunteer residents who pulled together to create the facility following the closure of the road’s original book shop.
People were offered the chance to buy shares and become members of a community cooperative, giving them the chance to vote on how the shop is run.
With about 10,000 books on the shelves, the store has proved hugely popular.
As a result, from April 6, the shop will be open from 10am-5pm each day, giving people an extra hour in the afternoon to browse what is on offer.
You may also want to watch:
In the future, the cooperative hopes to use any money generated to put on author readings, new book launches, poetry sessions and other workshops.
* To find out more visit www.clevedoncommunitybookshop.coop
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Village pub conversion rejected by council
- 3 Live music returns to village this weekend
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Green light for active travel scheme
- 6 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Courier at Clevedon's Curzon Cinema
- 8 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 9 Charming period house with pretty gardens and coastal views
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week