Poppy selling event to be held in Clevedon this week
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of a poppy selling event are urging people to support them this year.
Clevedon's Royal British Legion (RBL) poppy appeal sellers evening is taking place on September 30 at 7.30pm at St Andrews Church Centre, in Old Church Road.
Event organiser Mike Allison said: "Anyone who is interested in taking part in the poppy appeal is more than welcome to come along on Thursday and help us out.
"The past year has been quite difficult with the restrictions and lockdowns and we want to get a good response this year because of the issues experienced with the pandemic."
Acts of remembrance will take place across North Somerset in November.
An RBL spokesman said: "We remember those who lost their lives on active service in all conflicts, from the beginning of the First World War right up to the present day.
"We also remember all those who have served and their families.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 5 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 6 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 7 North Somerset authors publish books
- 8 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 9 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained