Poppy Appeal collectors required
MEMBERS of the Portishead branch of the Royal British Legion are looking for a co-ordinator to help oversee their 2011 collections.
In 2010, the branch had one of its most successful poppy appeals, raising �21,500, following requests in the local media for more volunteers.
Outgoing organiser Steve Meyrick said: “As our older collectors retire we need fresh blood and after an appeal last year we recruited 26 new ones. I would like to say a big thank you to those who came forward, and to our regular collectors.”
Steve, who has been honorary organiser for the past four years, is stepping down this year but will remain involved in the branch.
He added: “We are looking for an enthusiastic person with good organisation and communication skills to help us, they don’t have to be a member of the legion.”
You may also want to watch:
There are now around 100 collectors who work on the autumn Poppy Appeal for Portishead and the surrounding areas.
Anyone interested in the voluntary position of organiser, or willing to help with collections later in the year, should call Derek Wilks on 01275 818317.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week