Pool to reopen this week?
THE swimming pool at Clevedon’s Strode Leisure Centre could reopen this week after being closed for a month due to broken lights.
At the end of January the 32 lights above the pool began to fail and resulted in the pool being closed to the public.
Under health and safety law, if staff cannot see to the bottom of the pool it cannot be opened for public use.
Since then, regular users of the Strode Way facility have been forced to swim elsewhere while North Somerset Council waited for the correct parts to arrive to allow the lights to be fixed.
As the Times went to press yesterday (Tues), the facility remained closed. However, a North Somerset Council spokesman said they hoped it would reopen by the end of the week.
You may also want to watch:
However, this will depend on whether the work to replace the lights can be completed in time.
The council spokesman added: “We want to get the pool open as soon as possible and thank everyone for their patience.”
- 1 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 2 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 3 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 4 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 5 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 6 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Bristol Combination Vase: Nailsea & Backwell RFC looking to create history says Hill
- 9 Appeal after man injured in robbery
- 10 North Somerset authors publish books