Pool extends opening hours
TRUSTEES of Portishead Open Air Pool have agreed to extend September opening times after swimmers pledged their support.
Earlier in the year trustees agreed that weekday opening times for September would be 4-7pm but pleas from swimmers have led to a u-turn and the pool will now be open from 2pm throughout September.
Pool spokesman Barbara Thatcher said: “It was agreed to keep the pool closed until 4pm in September because the pool can be quiet on weekdays once families are back to school after the holidays and we have to be mindful of operating costs.
“However, recent feedback from volunteers, members and swimmers has demonstrated such enthusiasm and support for the pool opening earlier, that the trustees have changed their minds and have agreed to weekday openings from 2-7pm.”
Times remain unchanged for the early morning swim sessions for season ticket holders.
You may also want to watch:
Trustees say it is vital that people support the pool in September as the final month can be a drain on finances.
Mrs Thatcher added: “The local community fought to save the pool and we all need to continue to support it by using it, so that future generations can enjoy this wonderful amenity.”
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 10 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week