Pool closed to public
CLEVEDON’S swimming pool has been closed to the public after the lights above it failed.
Strode Leisure Centre in Strode Way has been experiencing problems with the 32 lights around the pool.
As a result, the pool has been closed since the weekend and will not open until the lights have been replaced.
Under health and safety law, if staff cannot see the bottom of the pool it cannot be opened to the public.
A North Somerset Council spokesman said the replacement lights have been ordered but it is not yet known when the work will be completed by.
You may also want to watch:
Another problem the leisure centre has been experiencing is a leak in the roof of the sports hall, which is used for a huge range of activities including exercise classes and badminton.
The council spokesman said the council was working with contractors to get the leak fixed.
- 1 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 2 Village bar open again and wants people to help keep it running
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 U-turn as West of England Combined Authority formally opposes Bristol Airport expansion
- 5 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 6 Duck race raises £1,000 for children's hospice
- 7 Town to celebrate art and crafts with inaugural festival
- 8 WIN: Tickets to latest James Bond film
- 9 Woodspring Women earn first ever win over Burnham United Ladies Reserves
- 10 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS