Pool closed to public
CLEVEDON’S swimming pool has been closed to the public after the lights above it failed.
Strode Leisure Centre in Strode Way has been experiencing problems with the 32 lights around the pool.
As a result, the pool has been closed since the weekend and will not open until the lights have been replaced.
Under health and safety law, if staff cannot see the bottom of the pool it cannot be opened to the public.
A North Somerset Council spokesman said the replacement lights have been ordered but it is not yet known when the work will be completed by.
You may also want to watch:
Another problem the leisure centre has been experiencing is a leak in the roof of the sports hall, which is used for a huge range of activities including exercise classes and badminton.
The council spokesman said the council was working with contractors to get the leak fixed.
- 1 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 2 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 3 How to order free Covid home tests
- 4 Marathon runner Ben Smith announces USA Challenge plans
- 5 North Somerset restaurants reopen outside this week
- 6 Barclays to close North Somerset branches
- 7 Health shop stocks fruit and vegetables free from plastic packaging
- 8 Trigger chosen to develop project for Festival UK* 2022
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Holloway helps Northern Ireland women make history after qualifying for Euro 2022