Police pursuit ends in Clevedon
A POLICE pursuit ended in Clevedon after a suspected stolen car was chased along the M5.
The police helicopter was seen hovering over the town at about 8.45pm on last night (Wed).
A Smart car, which had been reported stolen from Weston on February 10, was spotted by police in Bristol and resulted in a pursuit from junction 16 of the motorway, near to the M4, all the way down to junction 20 at Clevedon.
The force helicopter was called in to assist officers on the ground.
When in Clevedon, police managed to pull the car over and found in contained a female driver and male passenger.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was subsequently arrested and charged with taking a vehicle without consent and driving without third party consent.
- 1 North Somerset residents at risk of PCR lab mix up
- 2 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 3 Mental health safe space unveiled in Nailsea
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Estate agents invites children to create Halloween window displays
- 6 Charity days raise more than £40k for local causes
- 7 Life-saving equipment installed in town
- 8 Portishead salon to wear all pink for breast cancer fundraiser
- 9 Road group condemns 'unacceptable traffic misery' in village
- 10 Officer's final written warning after sending inappropriate messages