Police pursuit ends in Clevedon
A POLICE pursuit ended in Clevedon after a suspected stolen car was chased along the M5.
The police helicopter was seen hovering over the town at about 8.45pm on last night (Wed).
A Smart car, which had been reported stolen from Weston on February 10, was spotted by police in Bristol and resulted in a pursuit from junction 16 of the motorway, near to the M4, all the way down to junction 20 at Clevedon.
The force helicopter was called in to assist officers on the ground.
When in Clevedon, police managed to pull the car over and found in contained a female driver and male passenger.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was subsequently arrested and charged with taking a vehicle without consent and driving without third party consent.
- 1 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 2 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 3 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 4 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
- 5 VIDEO: Police release CCTV footage after Nailsea graffiti damage
- 6 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 7 Clevedon CC captain Lintott selected by Southern Brave to play in The Hundred
- 8 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 9 Carpenter wants top Clevedon performance for President's Day
- 10 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'