Poet releases second book
A WRITER from Pill has produced his second book of poetry.
Ivor King is well-known in Pill for his involvement with many different aspects of village life and also for his writing.
His second book, entitled Natural Reverence, features poems and prowse on a wide variety of topics including the natural world, dreams and fantasies, people and love and memories.
Ivor, aged 82 of Hardwick Road, only began writing in 2003 after discovering he had a talent for poetry.
Natural Reverence follows on from his first book, Reflections and Images, which concentrated on life in Pill, Easton-in-Gordano and Ham Green and was published in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
A book launch will be held at the Pill Resource Centre in Baltic Place from 10am to noon on December 10, when Ivor will be available to sign copies of Natural Reverence.
- 1 PICTURES: Clevedon Marine Lake releases Eco-pod design plan
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 4 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 5 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 6 Charming period house with stunning conservatory
- 7 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 8 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 9 Bristol International Balloon Fiesta launches Fiesta Fortnight event
- 10 Medal joy for North Somerset athletes at English Schools Championships