Poet releases second book
A WRITER from Pill has produced his second book of poetry.
Ivor King is well-known in Pill for his involvement with many different aspects of village life and also for his writing.
His second book, entitled Natural Reverence, features poems and prowse on a wide variety of topics including the natural world, dreams and fantasies, people and love and memories.
Ivor, aged 82 of Hardwick Road, only began writing in 2003 after discovering he had a talent for poetry.
Natural Reverence follows on from his first book, Reflections and Images, which concentrated on life in Pill, Easton-in-Gordano and Ham Green and was published in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
A book launch will be held at the Pill Resource Centre in Baltic Place from 10am to noon on December 10, when Ivor will be available to sign copies of Natural Reverence.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 4 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 5 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 6 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Ashton & Backwell United bow out of Buildbase FA Vase after Bemerton Heath Harlequins defeat
- 9 Clevedon Marine Lake to be drained
- 10 Beautiful Edwardian villa near Clevedon's seafront