Poet releases second book
A WRITER from Pill has produced his second book of poetry.
Ivor King is well-known in Pill for his involvement with many different aspects of village life and also for his writing.
His second book, entitled Natural Reverence, features poems and prowse on a wide variety of topics including the natural world, dreams and fantasies, people and love and memories.
Ivor, aged 82 of Hardwick Road, only began writing in 2003 after discovering he had a talent for poetry.
Natural Reverence follows on from his first book, Reflections and Images, which concentrated on life in Pill, Easton-in-Gordano and Ham Green and was published in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
A book launch will be held at the Pill Resource Centre in Baltic Place from 10am to noon on December 10, when Ivor will be available to sign copies of Natural Reverence.
- 1 ‘Perfect tribute’ as Clevedon Pier named pier of the year
- 2 Carpenter praises Clevedon following success over Chippenham
- 3 Chief constable's bid to overturn ruling on PC's racist language dismissed
- 4 Nailsea & Backwell under-16s get better of Weston on return to rugby
- 5 Business expansion plans get the go-ahead at Royal Portbury Dock
- 6 Nailsea teacher publishes book on cycling challenge
- 7 Suspension bridge to close for maintenance
- 8 Stunning and modern four-bedroom home near open countryside
- 9 Nailsea church awarded grant for repairs and reopening
- 10 THINGS TO DO: Inflatable theme park returns to Gatcombe Farm Shop