Players needed for fund-raising golf day
KEEN golfers are invited to take part in a fund-raising golf day to collect cash for Clevedon Hospital.
Organised by The League of Friends of Clevedon Hospital, the event will take place at Clevedon Golf Club on May 13.
Local companies and individuals have been quick to give their backing to the day and each of the 18 holes have been sponsored.
A total of 18 teams of four players have signed up but four more teams are need to complete the programme. Entry is �160 per team.
Sponsors of golfers’ prizes are also needed. Anyone interested in entering or providing sponsorship should call Di Brown on 01275 872880.
You may also want to watch:
The previous golf day, held in 2009, raised more than �5,000 and organisers are hoping to beat that this year.
In the past 12 months, the friends group has funded �44,500 of hospital equipment, furnishings and refreshments for patients and staff
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 EE switches on super-fast 5G in Portishead
- 3 School offering transport to vaccination appointments
- 4 Portishead garden protected from development
- 5 Huge country house in historic setting, with views and a pool
- 6 Police thank Portishead community after call leads to arrests for vehicle crime
- 7 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 8 Clevedon re-sign former wicketkeeper Will Plummer from Weston ahead of 2021 season
- 9 Hundreds of North Somerset patients receive coronavirus vaccine
- 10 Portishead GP reminds people to wait for coronavirus vaccine call