Play port fun for all
A NEW indoor play area will provide hours of fun for children and adults when it opens in Portishead.
Work is well under way to transform an old warehouse in Old Mill Road into The PlayPort@Portishead, a new soft adventure play facility for children up to the age of 12.
The people behind the new venture are Portishead mums Gemma Watts and Emma Carter who came up with the idea while looking for things to do with their own children.
Gemma said: “We want to create a safe adventure playground that is bursting with family fun seven days a week.”
The centre, which is expected to open in time for the Easter holidays, will have designated baby and toddler areas with state-of-the-art play equipment and an LED tunnel. There will also be a large tiered structure for older children.
You may also want to watch:
Gemma added: “We want to make a visit to The PlayPort a great experience for everyone no matter what their age so will also be providing comfortable sofas, free WiFi, magazines and newspapers.”
A cafe will serve healthy hot and cold foods along with tea and coffee. Freshly made cupcakes will also be available, provided by another North Somerset business.
- 1 Residents rally to support Save Weston Big Wood campaign
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Clevedon Skatepark shut over safety fears
- 4 Eco-friendly grocer to open in Portishead High Street next week
- 5 Clevedon resident raises more than £9k for MS research
- 6 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 7 Funding boost set to improve Clevedon Marine Lake and Salthouse Fields
- 8 Somerset pub could be demolished despite failure of homes bid
- 9 Clevedon return to top of WEPL table with win over Lansdown
- 10 Blind man suffers leg injury in Nailsea pavement collapse
The play port, which will be open from 9.30am-8.30pm daily, is expected to create four full-time jobs and 13 part-time jobs. Outside opening hours the whole facility will be available to hire for private functions.
For more details visit www.theplayport.co.uk or check it for updates on both Facebook and Twitter @theplayport.