Play port fun for all
A NEW indoor play area will provide hours of fun for children and adults when it opens in Portishead.
Work is well under way to transform an old warehouse in Old Mill Road into The PlayPort@Portishead, a new soft adventure play facility for children up to the age of 12.
The people behind the new venture are Portishead mums Gemma Watts and Emma Carter who came up with the idea while looking for things to do with their own children.
Gemma said: “We want to create a safe adventure playground that is bursting with family fun seven days a week.”
The centre, which is expected to open in time for the Easter holidays, will have designated baby and toddler areas with state-of-the-art play equipment and an LED tunnel. There will also be a large tiered structure for older children.
You may also want to watch:
Gemma added: “We want to make a visit to The PlayPort a great experience for everyone no matter what their age so will also be providing comfortable sofas, free WiFi, magazines and newspapers.”
A cafe will serve healthy hot and cold foods along with tea and coffee. Freshly made cupcakes will also be available, provided by another North Somerset business.
- 1 Changes to North Somerset Council’s executive team announced
- 2 Contemporary living with lovely estuary views
- 3 Creation of 'flimsy' roles at £7,000 is 'indefensible', says North Somerset councillor
- 4 Lord-Lieutenant unveils memorial to commemorate village war dead
- 5 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 6 April 12: Air ambulance charity has busiest week on record
- 7 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 8 Cleeve claim friendly win at Hambrook
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
The play port, which will be open from 9.30am-8.30pm daily, is expected to create four full-time jobs and 13 part-time jobs. Outside opening hours the whole facility will be available to hire for private functions.
For more details visit www.theplayport.co.uk or check it for updates on both Facebook and Twitter @theplayport.