Platinum day for Dimond couple
A CLEVEDON couple returned to the church where they were married to celebrate their platinum wedding anniversary.
A special service was held for George and Kathleen Dimond at St Andrew’s Church on June 14.
They were joined by 50 friends and family members to mark the occasion including their daughter, Christine, two grandsons and four great-grandchildren.
After the service, led by Reverend Terry Baillie, the guests enjoyed a buffet.
George and Kathleen, of Churchill Avenue, exchanged vows at the Old Church Road church 70 years ago in 1941 and have lived in Clevedon all their lives.
You may also want to watch:
George, now aged 90, served in the Royal Air Force for six years before working at The Curzon Community Cinema and then as a painter and decorator.
Kathleen, now aged 89, worked as a maid for the vicar of St John’s Church in Clevedon before working at Hales Cake Factory.
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 4 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 5 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 6 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 7 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 8 How to order free Covid home tests
- 9 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 10 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style