Platinum day for Dimond couple
A CLEVEDON couple returned to the church where they were married to celebrate their platinum wedding anniversary.
A special service was held for George and Kathleen Dimond at St Andrew’s Church on June 14.
They were joined by 50 friends and family members to mark the occasion including their daughter, Christine, two grandsons and four great-grandchildren.
After the service, led by Reverend Terry Baillie, the guests enjoyed a buffet.
George and Kathleen, of Churchill Avenue, exchanged vows at the Old Church Road church 70 years ago in 1941 and have lived in Clevedon all their lives.
You may also want to watch:
George, now aged 90, served in the Royal Air Force for six years before working at The Curzon Community Cinema and then as a painter and decorator.
Kathleen, now aged 89, worked as a maid for the vicar of St John’s Church in Clevedon before working at Hales Cake Factory.
- 1 Decision on Portishead Station delayed until next year
- 2 Responses to Portishead Lake Grounds consultation published
- 3 PICTURES: Lions charity surprises Clevedon residents
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas messages to honour loved ones with Portishead Tree of Light
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Youngsters enjoy pumpkin picking at farm
- 10 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children