Plans to map town’s footpaths
A GROUP of green-minded Clevedon residents is hoping to encourage more people to walk or cycle short journeys with the creation of a definitive map of the town’s footpaths.
Members of Transition Clevedon are looking for someone to help them map out the many paths that link in and around Clevedon with the aim of persuading people out of their cars to reduce their carbon footprint.
The group also has plans to install new signs to make the footpaths easier to follow.
Transition Clevedon member Ruth Gofton said: “Recently I discovered a whole network of interconnected paths around Clevedon which I never knew about.
“I’ve lived here for a number of years and hadn’t realised they were there.
You may also want to watch:
“With so many paths it can seem like a rabbit warren so we are hoping to attract funding to put up signs and also produce a simple map that people can download from our website or pick up.
“At this time of year people have lots of good intentions to get fitter and being able to cycle or walk safely around town makes that goal easier to achieve so that leaving the car at home for short journeys becomes a habit.”
- 1 Business delivering fresh fish and meat plans to expand
- 2 Restaurants celebrate successful first week after April 12 reopening
- 3 Cycling routes added to Nailsea Charity Walks fundraiser
- 4 Floral display helping to cheer up shoppers in Nailsea
- 5 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 6 Restaurateur pledges to raise £5k for cinema
- 7 Volunteers collect vast amounts of rubbish from The Portbury Hundred
- 8 Nailsea Bowls Club captains open season in usual style
- 9 How to order free Covid home tests
- 10 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
Transition Clevedon was formed in May last year and has the aim of promoting projects to help combat climate change and reduce people’s use of fossil fuels.
* Anyone with graphic design skills who could give their time to help develop a footpath map can call Ruth on 01275 340492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org