Pill Rag royal family chosen
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Pill Rag king and queen have been crowned in the lead up to the annual family fun day.
Leah Case and Olly Rush have been chosen to represent the village as this year’s Rag king and queen, while Becky O’Callaghan and Katie Broad will step in as the queen mother and lady in waiting respectively.
Pupils from Pill schools have also been chosen as the family’s page boys and princesses.
The royal family will hold a number of responsibilities in the lead up to the event, on the day and afterwards, including leading the procession through the village.
The ‘old-fashioned family fun day’ will see Pill Rag celebrate 98 years of running with stalls, games, food and drink stands as well as live entertainment and music.
You may also want to watch:
The event will start at 10.30am on June 2 on the village green, in Bank Place, with the procession, lead by the royals, due to leave and travel around the village at 5pm.
- 1 Road closure in force for five nights on A370 next week
- 2 Exceptional house with grounds, countryside views and outbuildings
- 3 Clevedon Marine Lake drained for 'high bacteria levels'
- 4 Long-standing Clevedon gift store transformed under new owners
- 5 Portishead's Morgan excited to make Olympic final
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Hundreds expected at gatherings to oppose possible development around Weston Big Wood
- 8 Yatton development welcomes first movers
- 9 Charity launches cream tea fundraiser
- 10 Portishead nursery children say bonjour to all things French